PrivacyProtect is a service offered by boatsales to help keep your personal details safe online by hiding your phone number from buyers. PrivacyProtect provides you with a pre-paid virtual phone number that will be displayed on your advert. Any buyer that rings the number will be diverted to your designated personal number without them ever seeing your actual number.
Below, we have outlined the easy steps to help you top up your PrivacyProtect balance.
To top up your PrivacyProtect balance via desktop
- Sign in to your boatsales account
- Hover the mouse over your name in the top right corner and Select Manage Ads from the drop down menu.
- Next select the Improve your ad tab.
- Under the PrivacyProtect heading, select Learn More.
- This will take you to the PrivacyProtect page where you can select Top Up to add more funds to your PrivacyProtect account balance.
To top up your PrivacyProtect balance via the boatsales App
- Go to the boatsales App and select the Account tab located at the bottom of your screen.
- Sign into your account (if you haven’t already).
- Tap the Sell tab located at the bottom of the screen.
- Then select Manage my ad
- Next, tap on the phone Edit button, and scroll down until you see the 'PrivacyProtect' section, and tick the Top-up for $20 box
- Then scroll back to the top of your screen and tap on the Cart (1) button at the top right corner of the page which will take you to the payment screen. Tap on Pay Now
- Select your preferred payment method and tap on Pay Now